- Egyptians take to streets to celebrate World Cup qualification ~BBC News
Beloved, what do we celebrate? Independence? Birthdays? Anniversaries? Holidays? Promotions? The list of celebrations goes on and on. But what is ‘celebration’ really? A festivity and thankfulness for happy times or events in our lives? But what of the bad times? Do we celebrate when our car breaks down, or when unexpected tragedy strikes? Do we thank God during natural disasters, or when we lose our job, a loved one gets sick, or we think our prayers are going unanswered?
The Bible tells us in I Thessalonians 5:18: In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Beloved, it is easy to thank God when you get that big promotion, or the home of your dreams; when your children are saved, or on a beautiful day. As believers, we must also trust God and lean on Him during the worst times of your life.
For who is God, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:31–32, NKJV
God has given us the divine capability, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to face every trial, carry any burden, overcome every obstacle, and face every challenge in His power and strength! God has not planned any defeats for us! We have the choice to receive His joy and find comfort in ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.
We take comfort in the knowledge that during tough times, we have God as our rock, and He will not allow anything to happen to us that He hasn’t provided a way out. Let God be in control of ALL of the circumstances in your life, regardless of what you face, and it is your unwavering trust in God that makes you victorious.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
The apostle Peter gives us instruction on not only how to handle trials (and there WILL be trials), but also on how to rejoice in any circumstance, knowing that the ultimate gift of salvation is our reward for eternity!
- Be Glad – I Peter 1:6 (NLT). So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.
- Have Faith – I Peter 1:7 (NLT). These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
- Love & Trust God – I Peter 1:8 (NLT). You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.
- Receive Your Reward – I Peter 1:9 (NLT). The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.
Beloved, we must CHOOSE to trust God and be joyful in any situation we are faced with. As humans, we will grieve loss; or feel weak, afraid, and unsure sometimes. But, as Christians we will rise above these feelings and with faith and trust in God rejoice and be glad in every circumstance. We can celebrate in both the good and the bad times, knowing that we will receive much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
Say this faith declaration out loud: Lord, thank You for Your peace, joy, and strength. I choose to trust You in even the most difficult situations in my life. I will rejoice in every circumstance and give You praise and honor in everything that happens, knowing that by glorifying You, I honor You. Hallelujah!
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Rediscover your joy and celebrate! Get my eBook, God’s Answer to Heal Your Deep Hurts here.
Join our Global Prayer Strike Force Prayer Army, today and help us to build God an army of believers. Please click here.