Trending News This Week:
- 9 dead in fatal shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon. The shooter, a 20-year-old male is said to have targeted Christians.
- Iran says number of its citizens who died in the Hajj stampeded in Saudi Arabia last week has reached 464 – nearly double the previous toll.
- Hurricane Joaquin, the third of the Atlantic hurricane season, has strengthened into an extremely dangerous, category 4 storm as it nears the Bahamas
Current news headlines are riddled with stories that rouse fear and uncertainty and threaten to shake everything that can be shaken. Acts of random violence erupting in our schools, devastating storms, and senseless mass deaths in the past weeks can bombard your faith and may tempt you to wonder where God is in all of these things. But don’t succumb to the trending news, but rather stand fast on God’s promises.
One of the greatest Scriptures in all of the Bible is found in the 13th chapter of the book of Hebrews verses 5 and 6: … For he (God) hath said, I will never leave thee not forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
When God says something, then we can say it also. You can take that promise and incorporate in any promise of God.
- Let the weak says, “The Lord is the strength of my life.”
- Let the sick say, “With His stripes I am healed.”
- Let the troubled say boldly, “God is my refuge and strength, the present help in time of trouble.”
- Let the afflicted say, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers them out of them all.”
Take every promise of God, and from now until Jesus comes, boldly claim it, believe it, and stand upon it. It is the unshakeable, unchangeable, impregnable, infallible Word of the Living God!
It is God’s will that we be bold as lions in claiming His promises. Whatever your situation or need, God wants the very best for you. Be bold in claiming it!
Once you know that God is not only able, but that He is also willing to meet your need, you can go on to the next step: Cut Him loose to do it. Loose Him to work in your circumstance on the basis of His revealed will. Let Him move in your behalf on the basis of His Word.
It’s time to take the limits off God!
Say this faith declaration out loud: “From now until Jesus comes, I will boldly claim, believe, and stand upon the Word of God which is unshakeable, unchangeable, impregnable, and infallible.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.